Sr. Database Administrator
Terry Cassara Cell 720-697-3351
6363 East Jamison Circle South Home 303-771-3246
Centennial, Colorado 80112
PROFESSIONAL OBJECTIVE: Looking for a new opportunity as an Oracle DBA or as a SQL Server DBA. My most recent experience is as an Oracle Database Administrator and as an Oracle Applications DBA. I also have recent experience as a DB2 UDB UNIX DBA, and as a SQL Server DBA. I have a strong background as a Sybase DBA.
Summary of Qualifications and DBA Experience
- Oracle RDBMS DBA, 11g, 10g, 12 years, attended 12c training
- Oracle Applications DBA, past 9 years, Team Lead
- DB2 UDB UNIX DBA, 15 years
- MS SQL Server DBA, 3 years
- Sybase DBA, 9 years
- Oracle Business Intelligence, Informatica, Data Warehouse Administration Console, 4 years
- Oracle Data Guard, 3 years
- Oracle Single Sign-On stack, Oracle Access Management 4 years
- EBS Patching, Taxware Updates (SOVOS Compliance), Security Support
- Unix, Linux, Scripting, DB and EBS Resource Management
- Production and Development DBA Support
- DB Installations, Upgrades, Patching, Documentation
- DB Monitoring, Tuning, Oracle Enterprise Manager, SolarWinds DPA
- Disaster Recovery, Database Backup and Recovery
- PL/SQL, T-SQL, Perl, XML, PowerShell, Visual Basic, MS Access, C, C++
- Data Migrations, Data Warehouse, Replication Server
- Mentoring, Teaching, Cross-Training
- ADABAS DBA and NATURAL Programmer, 10 years
- DB2 Mainframe DBA, 9 years
- DBA experience, 28 years
CSG International, Englewood CO, November 2000 to June 2016.
Senior Database Administrator.
- Supported one production Oracle Applications EBS environment and six non-production Oracle Application EBS environments. I built one-half of the environments. Production EBS database failed over to Data Guard. Linux OS. Oracle VM. Production EBS environment consisted of seven application servers. EBS patching. EBS cloning. DB patching. Backups and restores. Taxware (SOVOS) updates. Password updates. Troubleshooting. Certificate updates.
- Supported one production Oracle Business Intelligence environment and four non-production environments. I built one-half of the environments. Each environment consisted of an OBI DB, and two application servers. OBIEE, DAC, and Informatica ran on the application servers. Linux and Oracle VM. Refreshed OBI DB schemas. Ran shutdowns and startups. DB backup and recovery. Password updates. Weblogic.
- Supported one production Single Sign-On stack and two non-production SSO environments. Linux and Oracle VM. Password updates. Weblogic.
- Supported one 11i EBS Oracle Applications production AIX environment.
- Primary DBA support role for production and development Oracle Applications, Linux and AIX environments.
- Performed support for production IBM DB2 UDB v9.7 and v9.1 LUW (AIX) databases for Precision e-Care product.
- Supported MS SQL Server databases. PowerShell scripting. MS SQL Server 2005 in-class training in 2006. SCOM monitoring.
- Upgraded Financials non-production database to 11g. Previously, upgraded Financials databases from 9i to 10g. Recent exposure to with Linux 6, EBS 12.1.3, and Oracle 184.108.40.206.
- Wrote in-house UNIX and Perl monitoring scripts. Maintained existing in-house monitoring scripts.
- Performed multiple data migrations. Migrated Workforce databases from Sybase to Oracle, and provided patching and upgrade support of Workforce.
- Participated in multiple annual disaster recovery exercises, and a data center move.
- Supported production and testing of databases.
- Installed 220.127.116.11 for WFX applications and 18.104.22.168 DB’s for SLBOS application, both Solaris.
- Team shares 24 x 7 on-call responsibilities. Cross-platform support. Team must be innovative, flexible, team and detail oriented, accountable, and responsible.
- Databases supported: Oracle, UDB DB2 for AIX, MS SQL Server, Sybase, Informix. Linux and UNIX shell scripting, PowerShell, T-SQL, PL/SQL.
QWEST Dex, Aurora CO, June 1999 to November 2000.
Internet Group Production Database Administrator
- Support Sybase 11.9.2 ASE Servers on Sun Solaris.
- Upgraded Sybase ASE servers from 11.5 to 11.9.2.
- Supported daily Feature Rollup process. Supported monthly Nation Wide update processes.
- Responsible for maintaining, transferring, and loading Netscape logs.
- Implemented UNIX Oracle instance for Net Analysis application.
- UNIX and Perl scripting, T-SQL.
U S WEST Dex, Englewood CO, May 1998 to June 1999.
Quantum Development Database Administrator
- Sybase Development DBA for Customer Information Warehouse application.
- Supported 3 project development phases including history conversion phase.
- Upgraded Sybase servers from 22.214.171.124 to 11.9.2.
- Supported development operational data store and warehouse databases. Sun E4000 machines. Sun Solaris 2.6.
- Assisted production DBA’s in resolving issues.
- Developed and implemented new releases of the warehouse’s databases for production.
- T-SQL, Sybase Replication Server, and IQ Server support responsibilities.
- Installed Replication Servers, LTM’s, Replication Agents, and set up replication definitions, subscriptions, and function strings. Desktop DBA.
Texaco Trading and Transportation, Incorporated, Denver CO, May 1988 to May 1998.
Lead Database Administrator
- Installed and managed production and test Oracle 7 Servers, and an Oracle Workgroup Server on Compaq Windows NT computers.
- Provided DBA support for MS SQL Servers. Managed production and development Sybase Servers on RISC/6000 computers with AIX operating systems.
- Migrated the Sybase SQL Servers from 4.9.2 to System 10, then to System 11.
- Developed replication from Sybase to DB2 using Sybase Replication Server.
- Maintained disk resources for Sybase using AIX Logical Volume Manager.
- Part of team that developed logical design when ADABAS applications were migrated to mainframe DB2.
- Migrated Run Ticket Reporting and Driver Payroll applications from ADABAS to DB2. Migrated small internal applications’ data databases to Sybase and Oracle.
- Was responsible for supporting DB2 mainframe production and development subsystems.
- Developed and executed mainframe DB2 disaster recovery plan.
- Provided application level database administration support for Texaco’s production and development ADABAS databases. Provided NATURAL administration support.
- T-SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX Scripting.
ADDITIONAL PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
Kansas Nebraska Energy, Lakewood CO, 1986 to 1988.
COBOL, NATURAL, ADABAS.
Forest Oil Corporation, Denver CO, 1982 to 1986.
COBOL, NATURAL, ADABAS, McCormick and Dodge General Ledger.
UNIVERSITY COLLEGE, UNIVERSITY OF DENVER
Graduated March 1997, Master of Computer Information Systems.
METROPOLITAN STATE UNIVERSITY OF DENVER
Graduated Magna Cum Laude, 1982, B.S. School of Business, Computer and Management Science Major.