Shawn M. Urquhart
Englewood, CO - 80113 - 602.380.9648 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Software Engineering ~ IT Management ~ Project Leadership
Complex Testing Protocol
Skilled and knowledgeable IT professional with over 10 years of technology-solutions experience and a highly distinguished background in team leadership.
Focused manager of complex business and systems infrastructure with expertise in diverse range of technologies within multiple end-user applications.
Accomplished troubleshooter; adept at uncovering issues, isolating root causes, and developing effective solutions.
Well-organized, detailed, and results-oriented individual with proven ability to implement standards, procedures, and processes that improve efficiency and ultimately lead to more firm profitability.
Proven leader able to build strong, sustainable relationships with a record of cross-functional collaboration resulting in satisfactory outcomes.
Benchmarks & Milestones
- Supervised, trained, and mentored IT development teams while providing substantive leadership and direction.
- Diagnosed and repaired various network problems while delivering superior technical support for internal and external customers.
- Installed, operated, and maintained various systems on a variety of security systems for proper network risk management compliance ranging from a law firm to complex military operations.
- Served and led a number of successful missions as Sergeant and Senior Operator of Communications for the U.S. Army while deployed to Afghanistan and Iraq.
Borenstein & Associates, LLC · Centennial, CO 2014-Present
Director of IT
Supervised and spearheaded all IT processes within prominent Colorado law firm, including multiple offices in New Mexico and Wyoming. Direct and deliver various technology projects, including data system development, in line with strict timelines, quality, and end-user requirements. Conduct in-depth technical analysis of all systems while monitoring sensitive and confidential data collection and sharing processes in compliance with strict confidentiality guidelines.
- Client Service: Provide superior customer service through timely and responsive communications, efficient problem assessment and solutions, and detailed follow-up with all clients and firm personnel involved.
- Project Management: Initiated and led all efforts regarding cross-functional communications involving troubleshooting of complex law firm systems, software, and applications with a commitment to quick resolution.
Gurstel Chargo, PA · Scottsdale, AZ 2011-2014
Administration Manager/IT Manager
Implemented, developed, and managed workstation setups, VOIP phone setup and management, Windows, and Commercial Legal System (CLS) setups, resulting in decreased labor-intensive record-keeping, higher productivity, and improved firm security.
- Operations Management: Helmed IT strategy and operations while pioneering firm’s IT operational effort for two years until promotion to Administration Manager when responsibilities were added to include management duties.
- Systems Administration: Managed Windows Server 2000, 2003, and 2008 (Active Directory, Exchange, Domain Controller, Print Server, File Server, call recording), while also monitoring network routing issues and switching. programming, Commercial Legal Software (CLS), document and template creation, and other internal assignments.
PC Helpers, Inc. · Phoenix, AZ 2008-2011
Senior Computer Technician
Provided on-site computer, software, hardware, and network diagnosis and repair for residential and commercial clients as a contract technician.
- Efficiency & Quality Improvements: Helped streamline customer service protocols while providing superior on-site diagnostics and repair; trained new employees on efficient customer service techniques.
- Systems’ Troubleshooting: Provided expert solutions for retail clientele regarding personal computers concerning installation, diagnostics, general repair, virus resolution, and training.
SAP, Inc. · Scottsdale, AZ 2006-2008
Intern Software Developer/Research Scientist
Worked with diverse teams to promote the development of quality software used in the retail industry. Performed documentation of key functionality in the existing Demand Management application. Developed new user interface screens in the Market Hierarchy Maintenance section of the Demand Management product using Java/Swing.
- Technical Support: Assisted in troubleshooting and development of bug fixes for the Demand Management product using Java/Swing. Adjusted to the changing environments of a post-merger integration.
- Team Collaboration: Partnered with large and diverse teams in a project-oriented professional culture to meet and exceed company objectives while ensuring overall project success.
DeVry University. · Phoenix, AZ 2005-2006
Initiated the first sports program for DeVry University involving the creation of two men’s softball teams, one co-recreation softball team, and a flag football team.
Dr. Geeks, Inc. · Mesa, AZ 2004-2005
Lead Computer Technician
Diagnosed and repaired network and computer problems commonly encountered in both personal and business environments. Hardware failures fixed included: motherboards, video cards, memory, hard drives, etc.
US Army · Ft. Bragg, NC 2000-2004
Sergeant / Communications Team, Senior Operator
Served as a senior team member of the switch team in Alpha Company 112th Signal Battalion (Special Operations, Airborne) stationed in Ft. Bragg, NC. Applied leadership skills resulting in successful missions accomplished in the U.S. Army Special Operations Command and the U.S. Special Forces Command. Service included tours in Bagram, Afghanistan (Operation Enduring Freedom), Mosul, Iraq, and Baghdad, Iraq (Joint Special Operations Task Force).
DeVry, University, Phoenix, AZ, 2008
Bachelor of Science, Computer Information Systems