REMOTE Instructional Designer/Trainer
John Jay O’Rourke
12804 Roosevelt Lane Unit 24-A3, Englewood, co 80112, CELL (303)552-7393 JJOR1977@gmail.com
Healthcare and IT Consultant - Manager of Technical Training - Instructor
Training Manger/Consultant/Instructor with proven ability to build, lead, inspire excellence and maintain the highest operational standards. Diversified and extensive skill sets covering Learning Management and Development, Instructional Design, ILT, Computer and Web-based Training, Coaching and Public Speaking.
Summary of Accomplishments
- IBM Western Regional Training Lead & Site Project Manager; successfully migrated POS computer system & networks for DOD air and naval bases (i.e. DECA)
- TSA Training Coordinator that exceeded Homeland Security international standards by 11%... 100% of TSA personnel passed annual evaluations for all four years; my program was implemented worldwide
- Extensive Healthcare Information Systems Technology background, including, clinical, financial and project management. As a consultant, served as a Business System Analyst and training project manager
- Fujitsu Network Communications Lead Software/Hardware Instructor who travel North America to train clients ATT, Qwest, SBC, Ameritech and Southern Bell, etc.
- Develop procedures that increased training results 114% for NORAD & Space Command C4I
- Director of $22 million AWACS Aircrew Simulation Training program; received the only “outstanding” evaluation (i.e. TAC EVAL)
- Top Xerox Company Sales Representatives; completed 18 month training program in 9 months; first salesperson, nationwide, promoted to Sales Management
- Top CompUSA Senior Technical Instructor within Colorado; requested by Microsoft to be a representative during Denver High Tech Trade shows; consulted with CompUSA top clients
- As CompUSA Sales Manager developed new procedures that groomed staffed and place our store within the top 5 stores nationwide
Empowering Concepts, Inc. 2012-Present
As a HealthCare Identity and Access Management Security/Business Analyst/consultant representing Access Data, Inc., responsible for: needs analysis, system analysis and training development of Catholic Health Initiative Hospitals, CHI Request software. Sole author/Instructional Designer of multiple Captivate modules to be employed throughout an enterprise network of more than 75 nationwide hospitals and clinics. Conducted current state analysis and made recommendation for future state requirements. Responsible for introducing and training the “Affordable Care Act” within Colorado. Successfully completed a three month contract as a CGI Senior Consultant, responsible for training Colorado call centers about Connect for Health Colorado "The Marketplace"
Denver Health Hospital Authority 2008-2012
As an Instructional Designer and Training Specialist, responsible for: implementing blended learning projects, ADDIE model, EDM, Soarian Clinical, LCR, CPOE, MAK and all healthcare training; developed ILT SCORM compliant CBT/WBT training for 5,500 hospital personnel. Project manager of IT Change Request management training design and implementation. Received multiple Star Award for meritorious service to Denver Health training. Consultant to the Pharmacy POS Rapid Improvement Event (RIE) team, personally developed and recommended a modified structure to patient handling that, could save the hospital more than $300,000 annually. Experience with Soarian Clinical/Financials, PeopleFluent, Lawson, Captivate, Camtasia, Flash Dreamweaver, SharePoint, most Adobe and Microsoft software.
John Jay O’Rourke (303)552-7393
IBM, Fred Pryor (contract - Empowering Concepts, Inc.) 2006-2008
(Western Regional Lead, Trainer, Site Project Manager)
- As a consultant and training contractor for IBM, promoted to Western Regional Project Leader of the Defense Commissaries project (DECA); then promoted again to Site Project Manager.
- Responsible for all IBM commissaries equipment installation and training for DOD Western Regional Commissaries.
- As a Fred Pryor and Career Track Certified Trainer, travel throughout North America providing coaching and computer seminars for organizations and public seminars.
Transportation Security Administration 2002 - 2006
As the Training Coordinator for Transportation Security Administration (i.e. TSA), responsible for all training projects encompassing 160 to 254 people, among eleven airports.
- Responsible for the annual training requirements and successful recertification of 100% of all Transportation Security Officers for four years.
- All airports continued to perform 8–11% above the international averages.
- Developed a simulation training program that was later modeled by TSA headquarters and applied internationally. Responsible for Computer Based Training (CBT) and updates at eleven airports.
- As Training Network Administrator, responsible for all airport training computers, nodes, X-Ray machines and technical trouble shooting. Directly responsible for isolating and delineating a worldwide problem with Rapidscan X-Ray machines.
- Served as pilot program test site for TRX/ORM X-Ray security software. Received multiple cash awards for excellence in performance.
Fujitsu Network Communications, Inc. 2000- 2001
(Contract - Empowering Concepts, Inc.)
Traveled the North America instructing provisioning and turn-ups procedures for Fujitsu’s FLM/ADM multiplexer switches. As a certified Fujitsu Instructor, responsible for classroom presentations to Fujitsu’s largest account, to include: Qwest, Bell South, Ameritech, SBC, ATT, Verizon, etc. Selected to be one of four Fujitsu’s Software Instructors within North America.
CollegeAmerica, Denver, Colorado 1998 – 2000
As Program Director/Instructor for CollegeAmerica’s PCT Network Engineer/Technician Program, designed and established a curriculum responsible for preparing students to become Network Technician/Administrators and Engineers (e.g. A+ and MCSE).
- Develop, maintain and administrate Windows NT 4.0 multiple domain LAN networks.
- Establish multiple server environments to include PDC, BDC, SAS, RAS application, database, WINS and DHCP servers across an enterprise network.
- Develop students’ knowledge of hardware (hubs, sniffers, repeaters media, switches, routers, gateways) and NOS software requirements; protocols including - OSI connectivity, security, firewalls, RAID, TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, NetBEUI and other LAN/WAN protocols.
John Jay O’Rourke (303)552-7393
CompUSA, Aurora, CO 1992 – 1998
(Senior Technical Instructor)
As Certified Senior Training Instructor for CompUSA Super Training Center, Aurora, Colorado:
- Recognized as #1 most requested Instructor within one of the top five CompUSA training centers nationwide. Personally responsible for conducting performance based classroom training and consultation.
- Primary instructor for advance level training, e-commerce or computer consultation (e.g. Windows NT 4.0, MS Project, Photo Shop, systems analysis, or business development). Develop and modify curriculum for Internet and other classes as deemed necessary. Responsible for selecting and approving classroom text books. As network administrator responsibilities included administration, operations analysis and troubleshooting of LAN and WAN networks.
- Provided classroom instruction for more than 77 unique classes in both DOS and GUI environments. Application training includes Windows, Windows 95/98 and Macintosh software within the CompUSA training inventory (e.g. Windows NT, MS Access, MS Project, MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Office, Lotus 123, Lotus Notes, Corel Draw, PhotoShop, Internet, HTML, Page Maker, and Quark Express).
Other Employment History
National System and Research - NORAD/Space Command contract
As Project Leader for National Systems & Research designed and developed a survivability plan for a multi-million dollar command, control and communications unit.
- Project Leader for E-3 Airborne Warning and Control System, North American Aerospace Command Defense (NORAD) Integration proposal development and submittal. Recognized for best contractor submittal. Authored the RAPIER Radioactive Environment Survivability Plan.
- Conducted budget and cost variance analysis for projects and programs related to the Department of Defense communications satellite projects. As project management monitor, was assigned to evaluate other contractor’s progress regarding scope, resources and scheduling. Identified resource adjustments and milestone deviations within multiple projects; requested justification for changes.
United States Air Force (Captain)
- As Operations Project Manager, responsible for scheduling military flying units consisting of more than 800 personnel. Developed, directed, and established coordinated procedures for state-of-the-art airborne radar systems and crew deployment. Key person primarily responsible for coordinating all Department of Defense, Intelligence agencies and Executive Branch elements, both foreign and domestic. Coordinated Operations, Logistics and Maintenance requirements for aircraft allocations and deployments. Assigned airframe designations and crew scheduling requirements to squadrons. Responsible for the dynamic change and reassignment of multi-billion dollar resources, based on changing worldwide conditions and events. Received two letters of commendation for outstanding performance. As 964th AWACS Simulation Training Program Director and Network Administrator for POSIX compliant UNIX computer, responsible for $22 million of MPC computer resources and training of 600 personnel. As a member of Command Headquarters Personnel for a newly activated mobile radar unit: designed, implemented and managed Site Security, Safety, Disaster Preparedness and Intelligence departments. Operational responsibilities included: scheduling, logistic, computer operations, maintenance, training, and Equal Actions personnel counselor. Received award for turning around a failed Safety department into the most outstanding unit in Germany.
Education B.A. Education, Norwich University, Northfield, Vermont